A German pro/contra to Hellfest 2016

This was my first Hellfest and I just thought that maybe wel Englishspeaking guys might also say what we liked/disliked.

PRO:
-First of all I have to say, that the whole Festival area is much more beautiful than any metal Festival I have ever been to.

-its great that you are allowed to take a chair to the Festival area

-best Food I have ever eaten on a festival, the food stands were really much better than at german festivals.

Contra:
-Cashless, althought the Idea of cashless in general is great, it should work at all foodstands and not just the 3 hellfest ones, in the end I just needed cashless for beer).
sometimes they seemed to Charge me more than what was written on the pricelist because I had 40€ on the Card and always ordered the same beer and somehow it got to Zero before it should have been there.
Plus the lines to get Money on the cashless sometimes were endless.

• they let the people wait in front of the gates forever, and there is no way to get anything to drink there.
    Why not put up at least a small stand to sell water maybe then some people wouldn´t have needed the ambulance.
    And since nobody knew when they would open the gates, nobody wanted to leave their stuff just lying around (and be trampled upon opening) an go get something.

-Götterdämmerung was an Epic movie/concert and the WArzone was a great stage for it, but whenever there was a quite passage/People speaking, the Music from the Mainstage was drowning everything. Either Show the movie in a tented stage, or have nothing on either main stage.

-Still not enough showers (People told me there were even less last year) and whenever I went, the waterpressure was very low and it was more « Dribbling water » than « shower »

-the bracelet was terrible, because it could still go tighter but not wider.
I woke up one morning and the damn thing was way too tight.

-What was the stupid bag check that was before the campground?
If People have to carry stuff over 1km to the festivalsite, bags will be filled to the max and its just impossible to check baggage.
They abolished it after about 15 minutes I guess because they realized it would take forever because everybodys packs were filled to the Limit and to control one person took at least a minute.

Thanks for for you feedback ! :slight_smile:

No, there were not less showers last year. :wink: It was equal!
But people are waiting for nothing while there are free showers…

no the Problem was that yes showers were free, but in some showers there was just no water at all.

They somehow had huge problems with water pressure

That’s true but it was enough for a shower.
But it’s the same problem every year. :confused:

well if it is the same problem every year than there are solutions and enough time to plan

Still better than having problem with beer pressure :smiley:

You mean when Grimbergen is out of stock ? 8.(

if you consider that a beer :wink:

(sorry but the belgian beers I tried, most of them were just waaaay too sweet to be called bear, at least that is what my tastebuds told me :wink: )

This guy is so hardcore that he can drink a bear !! ]:smiley:

Well after WW1 the French explicitly forbade Germany from using the word Cognac (which back then was not a protected regional speciality) so the new German word for german Cognac is « Branntwein » literally translated « burnt wine »

We drink everything, no matter how you Name it :wink:

Duschen ist kein Heavy Metal. That’s all I say to it. :smiley:

Try Hopus then, not sweet at all!
And no, we do not limit ourselves with a Reinheitsgebot, that unables us to brew anything outside this « Gebot ». That way, our range of beer is way bigger than the German range. (und ja, ich bin geradezurückgekommen aus Brande-Hörnerkirchen (SH))

here in Germany (unless you are within 50km of the Belgian Border) its nearly impossible to get Belgian Beer, if you don´t order it over the internet which is way too expensive