Your questions about Hellfest!

Alrdy sendt a mail,but no replay

This woud be a great opertunity for hellfest.

We was verry pleased with last years festival! :slight_smile:

cheers Thomas

Thanks for this thread Jeff.

I am wondering if there will be maps of the festival area available to download/print from the Hellfest site?
I’d be keen to get my hands on one showing how to access the car park - I’ll be travelling by campervan. And being from Australia, it’s probably going to be enough of a challenge getting used to driving on the other side of the road.

Also, is there one large car park or are there several?

Thanks, BC.

No problem I’m here to help you all ! :slight_smile:

Yes, you’ll find a map on the new site (which will open in January). I don’t know if the map will be there so early, I don’t think so because our tech-guys are still working on it but as soon as I will get it, I will post it on the site don’t worry!

If I have time I will maybe try to do some road-books to find your way from Nantes to Clisson (and why not Paris…) we will see!

About the parking, there are several ones. Some in some fields, some other on the big road (really near of the fest) that we close for the week end.

Good luck to drive on the right hehe. :wink:

Btw, 20 aussies have already booked their pass… it will be a record this year lol

Some additional hints given by sexy Jeff on the French part of the forum some days ago :

Queues to get (drink) tokens…
The management is working it out so you don’t wait to have for too long in 2010.

Hellfest merchandise items were sold out very quickly in 2009…
The stock will be increased in 2010 so that (almost) everyone can get his T-shirt. :slight_smile:

Toilets : this was definitely the weak point in 2009…
The management will make sure that the company in charge will fulfill its task with great efficiency in 2010. That company knows it failed in 2009 and knows what to do if does not want to lose its contract.

Headliners…
Headliners will play earlier this year (a band will play after them) on Friday and Saturday. Kiss will close the festival on Sunday but the festival will finish a tiny bit earlier than the previous year.

What about pint glasses…
That’s not going to happen in 2010.

Free earplugs…
Many people seemed to have ignored that free earplugs were available even though 10.000 pairs of free ones were available (plus more efficient ones - buy not free ones) nearby the entrance. That should be the same in 2010 but there will be more communication about it.

Catering area…
The management is thinking about dedicating an area where people could have more space with tables, benches etc.

Cashpoints within the arena…
Much too complicated and banks are not very helpful on the issue so that’s not gonna happen in 2010 either.

TO YOU ALL :
We will try to give you more details about these issues and others in the days to come.
Until then : stay tunned !

this can be a really tricky issue. where’s the atm’s more near of the festival?

The ATM is in the supermarket nearby.

will you sell stronger alcohole in 2010? Wiskey,voda etc…
North european are not used to drink wine and cider…

That’s not been planned so far. Stick to beer then ! :wink:
Or drink spirits in your tent !

Btw,i must say that ppl behaved suprisingly well compared to wacken.
I think they can handle a jack and coke stand, and keep the longdrink to the minimum.Mohitos,pina colada,long island icetea,voda redbull etc and it will be a easy job for staff:)
diffrent kinds of beer and beer stands woud also be great
another ting i will give credit for is that you can finn shade!
And btw,there was insanly mutch weed smoking everywhere,ppl was rolling/smoking everywhere in the big tent.
I dont know how it is with the deug politics in france.but in norway its 0 tolereance.
Or do you watch between the fingers on this matters since its a big festivale?

You could get either Grimbergen and Kronenbourg at the main drink stalls and other ones such as Guiness etc. nearby the Rock Hard Tent but nobody seemed to notice.

I noticed, you had like a wine stand and a beer stand =) AWESOMENESS!!!

We can’t and will never have the right to do that.

It’s a bit complex to explain but it’s just a matter of French laws… If you want to sell strong alcohol in a public event you have to have a special license that we don’t have anyway…

So it will be Beers, cider and wine one more time :slight_smile:

Well as you must know it is illegal in the country, but like everything illegal, some don’t care, and in this case some would find it ok to smoke at a festival like this. I know that there are police officers that walk around the festival, but I don’t know if they can do anything about this though. Personally what I would suggest is to ignore them and don’t try to do it if you don’t want it to end badly just in case :wink: you never know what could happen as you would be breaking the law :wink:

eh i just had like a question

i suppose there will be some buses or something going from nantes to clisson, but i wanted to know if there were some specific ones that take you straight to HF. I think it might be easier for people who aint familiar with nantes/clisson… like instead of looking for tickets when you get to nantes and the exact place of HF… right ?

Well, there are taxi shuttles from the airport (and maybe the train station, but that’s not really worth it) that would take you straight to the festival, otherwise you just take the train to clisson and either walk (I think it takes about 30 minutes if you have a lot of stuff with you) or take a shuttle from there :wink:
If you want to walk there is always a load of people going in the same direction anyway :slight_smile:

Hi all!

Where can I buy booze and beer for the festival in Nantes/Clisson? :slight_smile:
And what about prices and age limits for alcohol?

Most of the people just get there stuff from the leclercs supermarket in Clisson, cheap, big supermarket so you can get everything (food, drinks, and most of the things you would have forgotten), and just about 10 minutes walk away from the camping

Hi, salutes from Spain!

I already have my ticket for the festival. But I have a doubt. If finally it could not go: can I return my ticket?

Or if I want to re-sell the ticket, if it has my name: would there be any problem?

Thanks in advance!

If ever you have a problem you will have to sell the ticket, it is not refundable (but you paid a cheaper price, so you should be able to get all of your money back). And when selling it you can change the name on it just by sending an email to digitick (as I assume that’s where you bought the ticket)

KrgFn

Hello.

I have been to Hellfest in 2008 and 2009. I am looking forward to 2010!

This year we decided to become middle-aged and try to book accommodation in Clisson. In 2008 and 2009 we stayed in the campsite. However, it does not seem possible to find any accommodation - even 7 months in advance! I have phoned the hotels listed on the Clisson Tourist Information website but everywhere has no vacancies. We need a vacancy for three people.

Does anyone have any phone or e-mail contact details for other hotels or guest rooms in Clisson (i.e. not the ones on the Clisson Tourist Information website?)

Or does anyone have any other ideas for accommodation?

We have also investigated the possibility of hiring a camper van / motorhome but we fly back to England on Monday 21 June and the camper van / motorhome depots in Nantes are all closed on Mondays!

Any thoughts?

Thanks