Hellfest 2016

Let’s start the topic for Hellfest 2016! What bands do you want to see? I was kinda disappointed with the lack of Heavy/Power this year so it would be awesome if next year there would be a little bit more of that. Also, Twisted Sister will be retiring next year, try to book them!

As for the bands, in no particular order:

Accept
Amon Amarth (in a main stage this time!)
Anaal Nathrakh
Andrew WK
Between the Buried and Me
Blind Guardian
Bolt Thrower
Cattle Decapitation
Clutch
Devin Townsend
Dimmu Borgir
Enforcer
Gamma Ray
Ghost
Gojira
Gravedigger
Hell
Iced Earth
Iron Savior
Immortal
King Diamond
Kreator
Machine Head
Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Misery Index
Overkill
Primordial
Rage (DE)
Rompeprop
Satan
Saxon
Secrets of the Moon
Serrabulho
Steel Panther
Taake
Tankard
Twisted Sister
Vader

Whatever happens I’m sure it’ll be a good selection of bands.

I’m after the following:

• Slayer
  • Primordial
  • Winterfylleth
  • Napalm Death
  • Aura Noir
  • Altar of Plagues
  • Iron Maiden
  • Bolt Thrower
  • Grave
  • Primus (go on - see if you can book them!)

Finally the ticket sales begin next week! Though i was hoping to have a couple of names on the billing announced already. Not that it affects my ability to buy tix for HF16.
Gonna post a wishlist for HF16. ( a lot came true for me from HF15 wishlist)
-ABBATH
-ABORTED
-ACCEPT
-ALL THAT REMAINS
-ASPHYX
-BLS
-BMTH
-BMV
-BOLT THROWER
-CALIBAN
-CLUTCH
-COAL CHAMBER
-COC
-CORONER
-DEFTONES
-DEICIDE
-DESPISED ICON
-DESTRUCTION
-DEVIL DRIVER
-DIMMU BORGIR
-DISTURBED
-DREAM THEATER
-DROWNING POOL
-EKTOMORF
-EMPEROR
-ENTOMBED
-FEAR FACTORY
-GHOST
-GOJIRA
-GRAVE DIGGER
-GRAVEWORM
-HATE ETERNAL
-HEAVEN SHALL BURN
-IMMOLATION
-INCITE
-KREATOR
-KSE
-LOVE & DEATH
-MANOWAR
-METAL CHURCH
-METALLICA
-MGLA
-MINISTRY
-MUDVAYNE
-NIN
-OVERKILL
-PARKWAY DRIVE
-POD
-POSSESSED
-RAGE
-RAMMSTEIN
-RANCID
-RATM
-SACRED REICH
-SKELETONWITCH
-SLAYER
-SOAD
-SOCIAL DISTORTION
-SUM41
-TERRORIZER
-THE PRODIGY
-TOOL
-UDO
-VADER
-WARBRINGER
-WSS

Wow! I can imagine The Prodigy, Ministry, FF and NIN one after another :slight_smile: (what? There is also Rammstein…yes, but not my cup of tea)

It’s alway sa surprised to see tha tpeople ask for Prodigy at Hellfest.
I always thought that they are an electro breakbeat band not a metal (or affiliate) band.

Thaks to this posts I now I understand a little better. I see the path that lead to it : Prodigy / Fear Factory / Rammstein / Nine Inch Nail / Ministry… why not Oomph!, Skinny Puppy or Orgy to have a full 1Day mainStage related to Electro/industrial/EBM.
Am I correct in the reasoning?

If yes, I prefer to have Atari Teenage Riot (but with a better setlist than in 2013) and Mad Capsule Market, Godflesh and Genitorturer than Prodigy. Hellfest isn’t Download after all.

Atari Teenage Riot? Seriously, baby? Are you feeling feverish?

And if we agree with your point of view, we should not ask for an acoustic stage, or even acoustic bands. :stuck_out_tongue:

From my point of view (and I totaly agree that I often suck when starting by this), having an accoustic stage with « extrem artists making extrem music for extrem people in an extreme music fest (but accoustic) » is still better than having pop and electro bands which have not been extreme at all (except maybe once 15 years ago in 1 MTV clip).
Also we already a tons of shitty fest for douche peep in France. No need to bring these @$$hole at hellfest.
(by saying thant I feel like a kind of « music nationalist », a musiconalist maybe :confused: ).
Do you really want to see Muse / Prodigy / Foo Fighters headling Hellfest?
So you could be we your « so friends neighbor from Clisson » ]:smiley:

Hehe…valid argument…but, and you’ll agree with me: the more people are watching Muse, the less are under the Valley…antimusiconalist, but very selfish :smiley:

I agree.
But (because there’s always a butt), if we can bring back extrem music on the Main Stage we could have MS1 as Valley and MS2 as Warzone (for example, I’m not at all interested) :stuck_out_tongue:

But I don’t want the Valley to be on an open-air stage, the sound sucks. I already think that the WZ, even though I like its charm, should be under a tent.

@Pok and Matt Pike: :lol:

Hi everyone!
Here is my wishllist for next edition of HF… Hope some of these band’s will be performing! :slight_smile: Enjoy!! :wink:
ANCIENT
ANVIL
ALTAAR (Norway)
ASESINO
BONGZILA
BROKEN HOPE
BUZZOV*EN
CARNIFEX
CADAVER INC. (exclusive show :wink: )
CEPHALIC CARNAGE
CONFESSOR
DEICIDE
D.R.I.
DREAM THEATER (as a headliner)
FEAR FACTORY
GOD DETHRONED
GOREFEST (exclusive show :stuck_out_tongue: )
HARVEY MILK
HATE ETERNAL
HECATE ENTHRONED
JUCIFER
MANOWAR (as a headliner)
MASSACRA (Please, reunion of French thrash/ death GODS \m/; R.I.P. Fred « Death »)
METALLICA (as a headliner)
MINISTRY
NADER SADEK
ORIGIN
OVERKILL
PHILM
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE (as a headliner)
RAMMSTEIN (as a headliner)
RATOS DE PORAO
SIX FEET UNDER
SKITLIV
STUCK MOJO
TERRORIZER
THY ART IS MURDER
TIAMAT
TODAY IS THE DAY
VAN HALEN (as a headliner)
VENOM INC.
W.A.S.P.

Yes you’re correct. Hellfest isn’t just about extreme metal. And Prodigy have one of the most insane live sets with amazing light visuals. Rammstein @ hellfest would be perfect. Hellfest is definitely not download and i hope it stays that way :stuck_out_tongue: god save the queen LOL

First announcement coming up - can’t wait!! :smiley:

I am very curious! Seeing its Maiden, Sabbath & Rammstein everywhere so far. Also next week almost all the festivals are announcing there first lineups - Rock Am Ring, Nova Rock, Copenhell, Sweden Rock…i get a feeling we can look at some fresh names and hopefully rare headliners like SOAD, Tool…
Though my money is on Metallica, Rammstein & Sabbath as headliners.

There is a topic called « rumeurs » (here: http://www.hellfest-forum.fr/viewtopic.php?id=17503) where are listed the rumours about part of the lineup, most of which are « information » from a famous French rock journalist who has big ears, somehow. As Maiden were announced as playing their « only French date in 2016 » at the first Download to be organized in France, you might be right about Metallica, if the Hellfest has become rich enough!

I love Maiden but i don’t want to see them again at HF. I am sure hellfest can afford Metallica…even this year Ben had approached them but since they were not touring at the time of Hellfest they couldn’t come. It’s good to see new bands headline. And i hope we don’t get a band like Volbeat/Korn as the headliner again…i love both these bands but they don’t fit as headliners. A good surprise would be Tool or RATM!!

Even System Of a Down would a nice (and fresh) headliner! But if we get Tool and/or RATM, I’ll be fucking glad to see a concert on a MS! :slight_smile:

i have never seen SOAD, Tool or RATM!! It would be the one of the best HF ever for me!! :D:D:D

I’ve seen them all… SOAD just once, great show. TOOL, 3 times, fabulous (even if Keenan is the biggest jerk I’ve seen) and RATM only twice (I’ve lost an ankle during the Battle of London @ wembley arena).
Seeing them again would be awesome!!!