Hellfest 2022 - Common talks

Have you tried to look on AirBnb ?

There ain’t much listed on Airbnb yet but maybe that’s because it’s quite further out so try again in after summer.
Since you coming for one day only, You can always got to a hotel nearby Nantes train station where it s easy to commute to and from the festival (including at night with direct although not regular bus services).
As Kenny mentioned if you drive to the festival you will most likely park at the P3 car park which is a good 30 mins walk to the entrance.

a bit naively maybe, we were thinking about some nice gite/BnB somewhere in the rural region rather then the big city hotels. There are nice things on the web, but not (or not yet?) available. And the option to refund on relative short notice would be ideal. its so long in the future, nobody knows what will be then.
Most available offers I could find so far on the booking sites are quite far away. There’s still some hope left, that more offers will show up. But I get a bit uneasy. Maybe we have to lower the expectations a bit

Are these busses and trains going till late at night? Missing the concert we especially made a point of caming because of the last train cnnection would be a no-go :stuck_out_tongue:
I assume there will be more Infos out at some time. Right now all is a bit confusing for us HF-neewbies

Yeah I agree there isn’t much around Clisson available on the gites/B&B websites including https://www.gites-de-france.com/en/ .
The HF website used to publish a list of local ads for accommodation as well. Not sure they still do it though but again it’s quite early.

Re transport : SNCF used to run a train service at 2h30 AM but again plenty of time before their plans are confirmed for next year .

Would it be an idea, to translate all IMPORTANT threads from the French part into English?
Just saying. :wink:

To all of you,

The announcements of sale, purchase or exchange of pass are prohibited on the forum (it is the open door to scams).
So any registration that deviates from the above rule will be followed by a ban, no more compassion :fuck: :fuck:

You have been warned :horns:

To be fair, if you use google chrome or edge it will automatically translate anyway so topics can be found and read easily all you need to to is search in french first. :horns:

You are right. But in order to be a bit more fair with all the Hellfest fans around the world, we could at least translate the disclaimer (« no tickets sale tallks,… ») into English. I have updated the first post of this topic, but really not sur if everyone take the time to read the full thread.

Hi all

Hellfest 2022 will be my first time at the festival and I can’t wait! Just looking at travel options from London and couldn’t find answers to these questions

1. When do the campsites open for people with tickets for the 2nd weekend? I’ve seen they stay open for people attending the first weekend too, so does that mean we could turn up at anypoint inbetween?

2. Is there any there anything else happening on the days before the bands start? Smaller bands, djs or other entertainment for example?

3. One for UK/London people - What are your recommended travel routes? London to Nantes, train to Clisson seems like the most obvious choice, but are there any better options?

4. Do tickets for the Paris Crazy Train go on sale again or were they only available when tickets went on sale?

5. Do shuttle bus tickets need to be bought in advance or on the day? If in advance, when do these usually go on sale?

Hopefully y’all not bored of answering these probably silly questions! Any help/advise will be much appreciated!

dan

Hi Dan,

I can’t answer all your questions but here are some answers :

There is no official communication about the opening of the campsite for the second weekend at the moment.

The day before the bands play, the Hellfest Corner is open, there are shops, tattoo makers, fire perfomers and some smaller or local bands playing. That is kind of enjoyable :slight_smile:

You can by a ticket for the shuttle just before going into the shuttle.

Hope these answers help you to prepare your journey to this amazing place :wink:

Hi mate, i’m coming from the uk too, third Hellfest for me.

I’m travelling from Devon, so won’t be the same route for you. I’m getting the ferry from Plymouth to Brittany, and driving down to Clisson.

I guess you’re right, London-Nantes and then train to Clisson seems to be the best option, as long as you’re not carrying to much stuff.
Otherwise, you can get the train to Paris, and another one to Nantes + Clisson, but it will be long way to Hell ]:smiley:

@kenny_pecheur probably answered to most of your other questions.

Do not hesitate if you have any other question :horns:

Thanks you both Kenny & Shakapéro

We are considering the drive too just for the adventure. Is parking and walking distance ok?

Yes, there is plenty of space in official parking, 20-30 min walking.

I’m in a campervan close to car parks, we got 25 min easy walk to the site.

If you’re driving, you’d better catch a Ferry in Portsmouth to Saint-Malo, which is the shorter way from London to Clisson. Or Caen, just add 1h driving.

As Shakapéro said, coming to Clisson with your own car will allows you to bring more camping stuff, as well as a pack of jhb beer for me :smiley:

You will be less worried if you don’t have the train/flight schedule to follow :wink:

Hey there, we’re thinking about driving from StMalo in a rented car - so if you’re up for some space / petrol sharing, feel free to ping.

We’re also camping so will be parking close to the site, but not sure if we’ll go the night before as 4 nights in a tent is probably enough already for the missus :stuck_out_tongue:

Worst case would be nice to meet for a beer and parlez le anglaiz 8o

Hi all :smiley:

This is my first time in a metal festival, I bought the CRAZY TRAIN PACK by SNCF, what’s included on that? I know it’s a 4 day ticket from 23 to 26 and what else?
I couldn’t book a hotel or an airbnb, what should I bring to the campsite? Should I buy a tent or is it provided by the festival?

I’m considering something in Nantes, is this a viable option? Can I get a train after the festival finish and before it starts?

BTW, I’m going by myself from Ireland.

Thanks

Hi Guilherme,

With your Crazy train Pack, you have access to the festival, the train and the camp site.

You need to bring your own tent, unless you want to sleep under the moonlight :smiley:

There is a Easy camp access where you can rent a tent, but at the moment, I am not sure if you can book for a tent yet.

About the buses or train from and to Nantes, there are some shuttles but I haven’t used them already so I can’t help you, sorry. Hope that one of our buddy on here will give you more informations about them :wink:

Thank you!

Hi Guys

We, my 4 freinds and I, are very exited to participate Hellfest. We had Tickets for Hellfest 1 and 2. We will arrive Clisson by Train from Switzerland. to plan our journy we need some information:

When does the Camping open before Hellfest 1 and when does it close after Hellfest 2?

Thanks for your Help.

Hello
Official information are coming within a few days. But based on previous editions, the camping officially opens on first festival day (June 17) but sometimes camping on the day before around the site is tolerated (but not official)
The camping will stay open between the two weekends and will close on monday 27 (in the morning)

I hope it helps