Hellfest 2022 - Common talks

Gruetzi miteinander!

Donnerstag bevor dem Festival bis Montag nach dem (2.) Festival 12 Uhr.

Should do the trick.

Hello, fellows!

Could somebody tell, is there any way to boil water at the campsite? I mean, can I bring 100-200g cartridge with camping gas and a little stove?

And also where will be any information about possibility to rent a tent?

Thanks, Dim

Hello !
Camping gas, stove etc are strictly prohibited in the camping site.
If there is tea you need, you have the nice volunteers in the morning that sells tea and coffee :slight_smile:

For the tent renting, the easycamp service allows that, more information are coming very soon about that.

Heyy, so this will be the first festival for me and the girlfriend and first gig outside of the UK, we do have a friend coming along as well but this is his first festival outside of the UK as well. Does anyone have like any tips to survive/what the festival is like? Probably overthinking everything but I like to attempt to plan in advance for everything.

We’re going with Argon Events and have the tickets for Weekend 2, travel to and from France, hotel and coach to and from the site each day but honestly, I have no clue about what the food and drink at the festival is like or how much it costs roughly, how the merch stands work (I read somewhere the food and drink is cashless and used via wristband which you top up before the festival and the merch tables are actual cash). Also other than the merch stands is there anything else on the site usually? Like pop-up vendors or things? I’m probably asking a bunch of this far too early but to anyone who’s been before do you have any help for any of this?

Er, I have to dig deep into my memory, but a beer would’ve been about €2,50 for a 30cl (more or less)
Food depends on what you’d eat, and where. It wasn’t all cashless at my time (16+17). But that might’ve changed.

Merch is a mess. Queues everywhere. And « normal » sizes sell out quickly. Also, French sizes aren’t comparable with e.g. NL/BE sizes as well.

Hopefully someone else can complete my info here with more recent data.

every single food and bar in the festival is cashless (so is the merch since last time). You will have the possibility to charge the cashless soon on the website (and link it to your ticket number) and via the application. It will be activated on your wristband.
I am not sure this is also the same with the stands on Metal Corner such as impericon or in the shopping tent (hyraw…)

Ahh brill! Cheers for the replies from everyone so far! I was worried about having to carry money about, only problem I can think of is how do we tip the merch guys? Is the merch updated each day for the different bands playing or could you in theory grab everything you could want for every band playing over the 4 days on Day 1 and then not have to worry about carrying merch and stuff for the rest of the week? @Quark from experience how quickly do the larger sizes go out of stock? I like to get merch in a big-ish size to chill in. Also how fluent in French do you have to be while you’re there? Cos I’m working through Duolingo as such a slow pace haha

For bands : merch updated every day
For HF merch: valid all days (but not all products and sizes…)
But you can find some band merch at Extrem market.
And don’t worry about langage, we all speak Metal :horns: :horns: :horns:

Hm.
MacSeb replied to most of the questions adequately.

Language wise, I wouldn’t worry too much. I am no francophone either, but with my « school » and « home » French, I’m doing fine. If I don’t know a certain word/expression, I easilly switch into English, and I’ve never had any problems so far, from my own experience.
Just keep in mind that you speak clearly, and not in a dialect Englsh. People might not understand it. But that’s the same with every language.
And even though I live in French speaking Belgium, I remain Dutch all the way! ]:smiley:

Hi ! There is a lot of foreigners coming to Hellfest, so I think most of the vendors (merch, food, etc) are used to speak basic English. And you can always ask people in the queue around you for help if needed :wink:

If you run out of money on your wrist band, you can always upload more money for your phone app. If you put too much money on it, don’t worry you can ask for a refund at the end of the festival. Food outside of the festival (in supermarket like Leclerc near the campsite) will required Euros.

Usually the « small - S » size run out quickly for women merch and « large - L » for men

Don’t hesitate if you have more questions :horns: :beer:

Does anyone know if the crazy train is nonstop from Paris to Clisson? We have a room in Nantes and wonder if the train will stop there or if we will need to take a return train to Nantes. Thanks

Do you know if there’re bus shuttles from Nantes to Clisson?

I’m thinking about staying in Nantes too

You will have informations with the new website, so be patient :wink:

For people who have to fly from Far Away Land, it’s a bit more comfortable to know if and what, concerning their stay. The time of preparation is way longer than for « us » who can easilly drive there (or take a train).

This was from 2019 official HF communication. They will communicate about it soon for 2022 too. They will have a dedicated page on HF website about travel/train/shuttle/etc

At Clisson’s train station, shuttles will be available without reservation at each train arrival.
Shuttles are also available from the festival to any destination inside Clisson. For any other destination, the request must be made directly by phone.
As a reminder, several train will circulate at night at the end of the concerts towards Nantes

Hello people! :slight_smile: I’m coming from London by myself and was wondering if there are any other solo festival goers that want to unite forces? I’ll be super happy regardless but would still love to share a beer with new friends. I’m going for the full two weeks :slight_smile:

Saw this on the website today

The Pays de la Loire Region, in collaboration with SNCF, will set up night trains for Hellfest 2022 from June 16 to 27. They will run from Clisson to Nantes every night. The exact schedule will be announced soon.

A SNCF stand will also be on site at Hellcity during the festival to inform you and take your tickets… so don’t wait to be at the station to get your tickets!

There is actually a topic for solo headbangers, but this is a French topic.
So I have created a new topic [url=http://www.hellfest-forum.fr/viewtopic.php?pid=956670#p956670]Here to help foreign people that are looking for mates or drink buddies.

But even people that are not coming solo will be pleased to share a drink with foreigners ! You can still catch some of us on here or on the Discord during the festival :wink:

I’m going by myself from Ireland for the second week.

Send me your contact details by inbox/email :smiley:

Thank you so much, that’s so awesome of you! Would love to come say hi during the fest :slight_smile: