Hellfest Loners!! Loners interested in joining forces

I’ll be a Hellfest first timer and loner from Australia. I’ll be struggling along without speaking any French, while trying to get drunk and see as many bands as possible. It would be great to meet others!

Ah you’ll be just fine :wink: I’m afraid not everyone speaks English (also not the crew) but just give them a puzzled look when they speak French. Half of them will mumble and take an embarrassed leave when you start a conversation, the other half either tries or succeed to speak English back. Actually, it’s loads of fun to confuse the hell out of people that don’t speak English :cool: O:)

Great to see another Aussie making the trek :slight_smile: And from Perth too!

Hey Metalbeast, I sent you an e-mail, I hope you see it soon…

Cheers !

keep in mind that we speak english way better when we are half drunk. Its not that our skill increase with booze but we are far more confident in it, so we try something.
Most of the time french people are ashamed to try another language. Even those beefy, inked metalheads who smell motor oil, will stare at you like dead cows 90% of the time.
just give them some beer to start the engine and they can have endless discussions with other drunked mates from any horizon. Ice on the cake they ll look to perfectly understand each another.
For you on the other hand it’s just boozy babbling.

Haha I will try that then! I’ll keep a pitcher of beer ready just in case :wink: Maybe it helps then overcome the fact that they are talking to a woman gasp
Hmmm I might need more beer…

English Me speak well pretty

Might visit [url=http://blackdog-bar.com/666/]http://blackdog-bar.com/666/ on Tuesday 17th - anyone been there, or feel like catching up for a beer or two before the fun in Clisson starts?

So…I’m leaving South Africa tomorrow, travelling around Europe for a week or so, and then: Hellfest! Can’t believe it’s almost here… :slight_smile:

I’ll be the girl answering to the name Cat, probably carrying around the South African flag (one of the most colourful flags in the world, I think- difficult to miss! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_south_africa). So if you see me come and say hello, and we can have that drink or 10 :smiley:

Hey there

I’m a 38 yo dude from Marseille in the south of France, going to the fest for the 2nd time and for the 1st time as a loner !
Plus I used to live in the UK and I miss speaking English with other people.

I’m arriving Wednesday evening (train tickets were much cheaper!) so I’ll be among the very first to enter the campsite on Thursday which means I should be able to keep enough room around my tent for you guys to join later if you want to.
I’ll try to settle on a convenient spot, close enough to commodities (toilets, showers, breakfast tent etc.) nearby the entry of the site and put a distinctive sign on my tent (I may borrow a Finnish flag from a friend of mine) so we could all meet there and « join forces ».

What do you think ?

Ouh yeah welldone Cat :wink: have a nice trip and …
See you in the pit \m/

Sounds good! I’ll be arriving fairly early on Thursday as well, staying in Nantes Wednesday night. See you there! :slight_smile:

Thanks! See you in the pit :slight_smile: \m/

Myself and another Irish guy will be arriving in Clisson on Wednesday night if anyone else is arriving early and would like to meet up for a beer or three ?

Hi Edgecrusher

What time do you think you’ll be there ?
My train is due at 7.49 pm on Wednesday. We could meet up near the station if you’re not arriving too much later.

This sounds great to me! I’m a 26 year old Canadian, based in the UK at the moment. My raiding party has been disbanded and I’m now riding solo to my first Hellfest. Would love to camp alongside you fine folk and share a horn of mead, ale, or whatever we can find in the market in Clisson. Lone riders unite!

Cheers!

Hey Brüno. I believe we should be arriving in Clisson shortly after1800

I’ll buy you an extra measuring cup of beer :wink:

Hi there,
I am a 25 year old travelling from England on my own. This will be my first Hellfest but been to most of the English metal festivals and Graspop. I coming by eurostar/train and get to Nantes at 19:00 on Thursday so should be there a bit later. I look forward to meeting you all and having a great time.

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I will be traveling alone from Spain and is the first time I’m going to Hellfest.

I hope to share a beer with all of you :slight_smile:

Cheers