So now that the big Band revelation has happened what do you think?

Now that most of the bands are shown to us, what do you guys think.

I for myself am a bit disappointed about the headliners.

I mean Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Twisted Sisters,
compared to Linkin Park, Deep Purple and Aerosmith, is quite a step down in 2017.

I was hoping for at least one of the really big bands like maiden or something that is still important right now.

To me, quite a lot of bands that are on the bandlist, are bigger than linkin park, does anyone really still listen to them?

About the other bands, there are quite alot of great bands, and especially the valley will again be my place to be.

Rammstein will be in Graspop this coming year.

I don’t really care abouth the headliners of the main stages, I’m almost sure to be checking out Temple, Valley or Warzone…
SInce that only 4 from the 30 band wishlist I made for this forum, made the bill (for now), I’m a bit disappointed but, there are plenty of good shows to see and some unmissable ones.

I’m disappointed. Not of the big names (apart from Aerosmith, that I’d love to see!!!), but also on the smaller names at Altar/Temple. (my favourite stages)
Not really worth to drive a 630km for.
I might consider Graspop again. Less far from here, and most of the times the lineup is simular. Though that’d mean, I’d have to miss out my mates in Clisson. But it’s either this, or that!

Hi to all English-speaking festival goers, this is just to say not « most » of the bands were revealed, but ALL of them, sorry but there is no hope for other bands except in case of a cancellation…

For me ist even worse with 1200km,

2016 it was really worth it, since Tickets to Rammstein and Sabbath alone, would have cost more than the Festival ticket for hellfest, plus the German Shows of sabbath and Rammstein were already sold out (plus also 500km away) so Hellfest was the last Option to see them.

I think among the small and middlesized bands are quite a lot of good ones there, but of the bigger names, this year it was much more diverse , and less full of bands that Play at every place that gives them an amp to plug into.

Now I am trying my best to find out how that damn Zepass Website works (quite problematic since everything is in French), anybody can explain it?
Do I understand it correct, that I don´t sell my ticket to Zepass, but that I am just offering it there and if somebody wants to buy it he has to somehow then pay me?
Sorry, the whole Website is in French and I have got no clue how it works

I just hope that I willl be able to get rid of the ticket, before Grasspop sells out.

@Quark, do you already have a Hellfest ticket?
IF you sell yours on Zepass could you give me a step by step Explanation how the process works?
Sucks that I just can´t put the ticket on ebay, like I would do it with Festivals where I get an actual hard ticket

It’s a very cool lineup far as I’m concerned. :slight_smile:

Rarely bother with the mainstage headliners unless it’s Maiden or Priest up there. I’ll probably see Deep Purple though.

Shame no Primordial or Carcass but otherwise chuffed to bits with things like Nails, Decapitated, Krisiun. There are loads of cool bands.

And Primus is a real bonus. Can’t wait to see them again :smiley:

Don’t know how Zepass works, last year I bought my ticket by messaging a guy on facebook. I talked to you a bit and ended up trusting him. Everything went ok.
A few years ago I sold a ticket on ebay (face value), so he also had to trust that I wouldn’t sell a bunch of copies of the same PDF. But yeah, you should use a secure platform.

I was expecting other bands for the Temple stage (one of my favs) but I guess that some of the names in there - that I don’t know - must be pretty good. I always get to know some bands at these festivals and that’s preety cool.
I think the stage with the greater number of really good bands is The Valley. Warzone also has many good bands (The Dillinger Escape Plan was perhaps the number one band that I wanted to play Hellfest (well, besides dreaming of Tool).
The ALtar isn’t really my thing but I’m planing of seeing some bands. Excited about Coroner.
Both the Main Stages… well, normally I tend to see few gigs there but I’m not going to miss Emperor and Ministry. The others that I like, we’ll see.

(Rob Zombie… if it were White Zombie… \m/)

I think the line up is good. Despite my own personal taste I recognise that Aerosmith and Linkin Park are BIG bands. Aerosmith are on their farewell tour so it’s a huge event, plus Linkin Park will have a new album out and they do still appeal to a lot of people.

I went over the rest of the line-up and there are 17 bands I will definitely go watch, and 14 bands I might go check out barring any clashes. That’s way more than enough to keep me satisfied.

Maybe a special show Astro Creep. Maybe. Too be confirm soon.

Plenty of excellent bands playing - I will no doubt struggle to see the following:

Deep Purple
Slayer
Ministry
Emperor
Phil Campbell
Coroner
Obituary
Wardruna
Marduk
Nails
Hate Eternal
Krisiun
Exhumed
Decapitated
Suicidal Tendencies
DRI
Primus

Bound to be some hard and heavy clashes but always good to see new bands too. Looking forward to the pleasant and friendly Hellfest atmosphere also.

Can’t wait! :wink:

Yeah, sure there are a lot of amazing bands playing, but when I look at the poster I don’t feel the shiver down my spine as I felt last year…

Take the time to discover bands on the bill and i’m pretty sure you will change your mind. Altar, Warzone and Valley are just insane this year. :wink:

But what drew me last time, were the big headliners in combination with some other great bands.
Now there are also great bands in 2017, but only ok headliners.

When I looked at last years lineup, I had the Feeling of « how am I going to be able to see all of the good bands, impossible ». Now I look at the lineup and I have to search for the good bands.

I came because Black Sabbath and Rammstein just don´t Play on German Festivals that aren´t Wacken.

I will wait for Grasspop to release its lineup, and then decide whether to sell my ticket and get one for Grasspop

luckily HEllfest is sold out so I hope that it will be no Problem to sell the ticket

It won’t be a problem oh hell no (go on Zepass) but it will be a shame :wink:

Allow someone who would come for headliners only sell his ticket to someone who appreciates Hellfest for the variety of its wonderful line-up now will you, Pok? :wink:

I’m already doing that and no doubt that will get to know some pretty good bands.
Nevertheless, I think that the last 3/4 bands playing in each stage in the 3 days were stronger last year that this year. Or, were more to my liking but to each one their own!
I only went last year but judging on my experience and looking at the posters from previous years, I’m a temple, Valley & Warzone kinda guy :wink:

But yeah, Valley is sooooo good this year, is insane.

:smiley:
Everybody is sayong the same for the 2017 poster. we will be so numerous at these stage while the Main Stage will be empty hahaha